In honor of 5 years spent in Arkansas, and now officially graduating with my Masters (yay!), I have created a list of 5 things I have learned about Northwest Arkansas
- The Razorbacks will break your heart at least once in EVERY season. It is going to happen. There is no way around it. You will want to cry…you might even shed a tear or two. Along with heartbreak, the Razorbacks will make you have several minor heart attacks during football season. Guaranteed.
- Despite having their hearts broken frequently, Razorback fans are the most reliable and valiant fans in college sports. We cheer loud, we cheer hard, and we love our Hogs. There is nothing like a good Hog Call to bring together a room full of perfect strangers.
- You will experience all four seasons in all their glory. Sometimes you’ll even experience them in one week, or if you’re really lucky in one day (oh boy!). And despite all the yuck that comes in winter time (which people CANNOT drive in!), you cannot beat the colors that decorate the city in the fall. Walk across Old Main lawn and be dazzled by the pure magic that is created by the reds and oranges of the changing season.
- Northwest Arkansas gets in your blood, and it never really leaves. It doesn’t matter where in the world you end up, there will always be the call to come back to the 479.
- Fayetteville is one of the best places for local businesses. Local stores, boutiques, restaurants, and breweries decorate the streets and are full of life and warmth. Shop small & explore often.