In honor of 5 years spent in Arkansas, and now officially graduating with my Masters (yay!), I have created a list of 5 things I have learned & loved about Northwest Arkansas
- The Razorbacks will break your heart at least once in EVERY season. It is going to happen. There is no way around it. You will want to cry…you might even shed a tear or two. Along with heartbreak, the Razorbacks will make you have several minor heart attacks during football season. Guaranteed.
- Despite having their hearts broken frequently, Razorback fans are the most reliable and valiant fans in college sports. Just a few weeks ago, the Diamond Hogs played until 3am, and thousands of fans stayed and supported them until the very end (hands down one of the best experiences!) We cheer loud, we cheer hard, and we love our Hogs. There is nothing like a good Hog Call to bring together a room full of perfect strangers.
- You will experience all four seasons in all their glory. Sometimes you’ll even get to experience them in one week. And despite all the yuck that comes in winter time (which people CANNOT drive in!), you cannot beat the colors that decorate the city in the fall. Walk across Old Main lawn and be dazzled by the pure magic that is created by the reds and oranges of the changing season.
- Northwest Arkansas gets in your blood, and it never really leaves. It doesn’t matter where in the world you end up, there will always be the call to come back to the 479. I have heard the stories of those who have tried to leave, and always find their way back.
- Fayetteville is one of the best places for local businesses. The cutest coffee shops (The Grounds At Garden Living & Mama Carmen’s have my heart!), best boutiques (personal faves include Savoir Faire and The Mustache Goods & Wears!) , yummiest restaurants (this girl lives for Arsagas & Farmers Table) & breweries decorate the streets and are full of life and warmth. Shop small & explore often.
Cheers to you five years with you Fayetteville & cheers to many more!